Monday 28 December 2009

Much Christmas Baking was Done



There's nothing quite like having a purpose and a plan, and Christmas provided ample opportunity for both. The lists I've made, the recipes I've collated and the baking that my kitchen has seen have filled many an hour.

Mary Berry's Christmas Cakes were handed out amongst friends and family


Work colleagues were treated to the large Christmas cake which I sliced small and topped with icing stars along with a Ginger and Chocolate Bundt Cake from Martha from my new festive tin



There were also tins of Swiss Cinnamon Stars to nibble on with morning coffee



An evening of gin was had at mine where I served the mince pies with the gin mincemeat (the leftovers of which have also been making an appearance in my morning porridge)



Along with Panfote all'Inglese made with gluten free flour and an additional hint of cloves and orange zest



And some spiced, candied nuts, from the ever reliable Smitten Kitchen, to nibble on - these will be making an appearance as gifts next year, the mix and the nuts presented in a festive jar (top tip to be included along with the mix; use baking parchment rather than foil to line the pan)



The day itself was a lovely one, the timings of roasts scare me but a plan was drawn up



The timings adhered to, even through the warm glow of a festive G&T and the end result, on the table at 2pm sharp


I hope everyone had a lovely break, whatever they did, whatever they ate and whoever they shared it with.

2 comments:

  1. I love your festive tin and the bake looks wonderful. Nice to come across a fellow foodblogger from the West Midlands! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have your apple and ginger cakes bookmarked to make soon.

    ReplyDelete