Sunday 31 January 2010

When is a Baking Blog Not a Baking Blog?

When there’s plenty of baking but precious little blogging.

Of course that’s preferable to the converse, but still not good from a blogging perspective. I have such a backlog of cakes to share with you, and so many more to try. There have been lots of early mornings to fill recently (not to mention one batch that was baked in what technically could be called the middle of the night) and when I wake, and it’s still dark and the World Service has yet to give way to Radio 4, I just want to be in the kitchen. I want to start greasing the pans and weighing ingredients not sit and type and battle with trying to import pictures and struggle with formatting links.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I have recipes bookmarked on the laptop and flagged in recipe books; print outs and near incomprehensible scrawls tucked into my notebook. I have pictures on Flickr of cakes now devoured, half-formed stories of what prompted me to bake them floating round my brain and jotted on scraps of paper and still so many more to try.

So, I plan to clear the backlog a little share the products of the last month, starting this morning. On a Sunday I would normally be on my third cake by now, but the Murray v Federer final has me sat on the sofa rather than standing at the Kitchen aid so I will make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment